The Digital Marketing Account Executive role will work alongside the head of marketing to implement campaign activities that will contribute to the ongoing success of client accounts & development of our fast-growing client portfolio.
As a Digital Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for helping to manage and coordinate a varied portfolio, executing the online marketing and lead acquisition strategies of client accounts and for the agency itself. This role will have you focused on generating leads, driving sales growth and new customer acquisition across a range of inbound marketing channels including CRM, Content, PPC, SEO, as well as via paid social e.g. Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram etc
You will have had 2-3 years + experience ideally in an agency (or small business) with a proven track record in digital marketing using leading marketing tools to support growth objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for digital marketing and an ability to develop creative campaign solutions that inspire positive action, with a strong track record of executing marketing campaigns without significant supervision. The role is very much client facing and requires someone with the ability to be confident in doing this whilst consistently representing our company in a positive way.
You’ll need to have excellent analytical skills including using Google Analytics to gain valuable insights as to online behaviour, and Adwords, to optimize leads while keeping acquisition costs down. You will also be highly numeric, focused on delivering on KPI’s and ensuring that all marketing activities are tested, measured and reported on.
Accounts should be measured and results driven, our professional advice needs to be researched, reasoned and in line with our client’s brands and goals. As such you need to develop an understanding of the clients business, brands, customers and audiences and also display an understanding of business and developing businesses through creativity, technology and strategy.
You will also be required to build and maintain long-term relationships with clients ensuring regular customer satisfaction checks are being made as well as maximising sales opportunities within each account.
You will need to be professional, diligent, detail-driven, proactive and a professional team-player. An enthusiastic hard worker who constructively participates in team discussions, showing initiative, autonomy and the ability and passion to over deliver and make intelligent suggestions in areas such as client services, updates to processes, strategy, and new services. Researching new technologies, trends and business processes or initiatives will also be encouraged and supported.
- Manage client account budgets and scope.
- Diligent, professional, organised and detail focussed.
- Strong bias for Getting Things Done
- Ability to coordinate content creation, to edit it and to optimise the amplification/dissemination of this content.
- Working understanding of Inbound Marketing with emphasis on SEO and PPC.
- Experience in building, sending and reporting on email marketing campaigns incl newsletters and automated email campaigns.
- Ability to contribute to marketing plans and initiatives with insights into ways to optimise revenue, customer acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Experience in managing social media
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Adwords, and marketing automation.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Learning about clients and their business.
- Focus on supporting content creation and promotion including managing the creation of blog content, case studies, white papers and emails, as well as subsequent promotion.
- Execute online marketing campaigns with a focus on lead generation and conversion.
- Responsible for driving performance improvement of websites (visitors, leads) through SEO and content optimisation.
- Day to day management of the performance of key acquisition channels including Linkedin, paid search (PPC), email marketing, and social media.
- Focus on monitoring and improving the performance of activities by delivering on KPI’s
- Evaluate the performance of different content assets and continually work with on-site optimisation to ensure all content created is optimised in terms of promotion
- Report on and analyse activity across all marketing channels.
- Run newsletter marketing campaigns, working on new templates, template updates, mail outs, reports, advanced automation and tracking, and database upkeep/segmentation.
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure that marketing is delivering the collateral they need to support sales engagement activities.
- Planning, scheduling, client meetings and communications for all accounts in your control using existing management processes and tools.
- Managing the daily activities, administration and maintenance of all accounts with the support of required internal team and key partners.
- Maintain and manage account budgets as well as project management and ticketing systems to ensure accounts are running within budget and on time. Track, measure and review progress, including planning and communicating changes.
- Manage SEO audits and SEO on-going campaigns.
- Support of internal team and key partners manage all aspects of client creative, content and web support requirements. (e.g. creating new artwork, uploading content, small tech and UX updates, web training and CMS manuals).
- Manage and co-ordinate social media campaigns.
- With key partners set up, manage, monitor and refine SEM campaigns.
- Manage Analytics accounts and client reporting.
- Proactively suggest updates to clients’ websites, digital strategy and account services.
- Perform any technical research projects with enthusiasm.
- Research and keeping up to date on tools and software to improve the services or processes.
- Regular reporting to clients on budgets, progress and monthly round ups.
- Weekly and monthly reports to Overthrow Digital management teams.
Non Role specific responsibilities:
Working in a team:
- To build and develop, manage and maintain client relationships.
- Monitor and respond to Client inquiries and work requests logged via email and telephone.
- Liaise with developers, designers and third party suppliers on a regular basis to ensure tasks are completed.
- Communicate effectively within the team with the ability explain technical details in an accessible way.
- Assist in the delivery of websites by offering technical support to facilitate publishing content to websites and work with Client, developers, Operations staff & partners to assess, test and resolve any technical challenges in displaying content.
- Assist in compiling training documents & training clients in effective CMS management.
- Support Project Management when necessary.
apply for role